Select Page

I did a service call last night at a hotel. Staff reported “low distorted sound”. I went out to take a look and found a volume control in the room. This is a standard stereo zone so i assume standard volume control. I took the volume control out and found the MONOGIZER 200! installed. I have never seen or heard of this thing before. There was a single 4 conductor speaker cable wired to it so i googled the model and discovered that its supposed to be used when you want to turn a stereo zone into a mono zone. According to the manual they were missing a conductor. I disconnected the volume control and wired the inputs to the outputs and improved the sound. I still have to go back to pull a new speaker cable because both are currently wired to one channel.